So it’s exactly 11 months to the day that I turn 30. Which actually is an odd co-incidence, as I’d planned to do this blog after reading this post from A Thrifty Mrs. It originally caught my eye because of the fact it was talking about long hair and the battle between cutting it and letting it grow….which I’ve encountered many a time in my life! But then I got interested/nosy to what else was on her 30 before 30 list, read it and then felt inspired to homage her and do my own. And by homage I mean lovingly nick off her which makes me think perhaps I should stop reading other people’s blogs because I seem to end up copying their styles/ideas accidentally in the same way other people accidentally pick up accents. But I’ve an idea of how to take it one further, so I’m sure she wont mind!
So, here’s the list…..
1. Lose Weight. Yes, not very F.A of me, but its a health thing more than anything else…if I could be this size and be healthy, I’d be grand!
2. Get a career. By 11 months time, I want to at least want to be doing something I like, if not love.
3. Go on lots of dates. I’m already signed up to Match.com, I just need to become a fee payer so I can respond to any emails or likes….more on my dating attempts in the next few things
4. Let myself be set up by friends or anyone that reads this and knows someone in the Nottingham-ish area.
5. Go speed dating. I’ve said I’ll do this for like about two years. Time for less talk, more action.
6. Write a blog entry everyday, or at least every couple of days.
7. Dye my hair a different colour. I’ve always been blonde, maybe time for a change.
8. Have my hair cut in a non fat flattering but highly fashionable way
9. Make all my christmas cards this year
10. Tell people I love them at least once a week
11. Quit second life and any other online gaming for good
12. Read all the books in one of those 100 best books ever list
13. Join a choir/singing group
14. Join a book club
15. Ebay/Carboot all that crap that I’m hoarding and will never ever use.
16. Organise a blogger’s event.
17. Attend a convention of the sci-fi/comic/hp kind (preferably the latter)
18. Take up dance classes (I’d have to have done a bit of 1 first though!)
19. Implement a ‘do I need or do I want’ policy to shopping in an order to not buy stuff I don’t need.
20. Eat a curry
21. Make a cake
22. Learn to Knit
23. Conquer my fear of heights
24. Start letter writing to my favourite people. Nothing nicer than getting some post!
25. Buy a decent camera
26. Be brave and hit the streets to stop other plus size people who are looking fierce…my own plus size version of the Sartorialist (totes copyrighting that, unless someone else has already had an idea)
27. Draw up a map of places and attractions I want to visit in the UK and go to them all.
28. Go out of an evening at least once a week, money allowing.
29. Save up for a rainy day
30. Have a party on my 30th, even though I hate parties.
So there you go, my list. I’d also like other bloggers to either do one thing they’d like to do before 30 (or 40. 50 etc depending on age) and then blog it, or alternatively challenge me to do one thing that month that they think I should have on my list. Carpe Diem and all that….(seizing the day for those that don’t understand my no doubt badly written Latin!)
I’ll write-up the ‘Things to do before I’m 30 challenge” on a separate page at some point…nothing like a challenge without rules!
Hope its something that seems a bit fun and not at all lame! xxx